Flagging and barrication tape are two kinds of safety equipment in the form of brightly coloured tape that are intended to identify work zones and levels of attention, as well as possible risks or hazards to pedestrians.
Difference between Barrication Tape and Flagging Tape
Barrication tape often has text in bold lettering highlighting the possible safety risk as well as acting as a slight obstacle to the cordoned area. Flagging tape is devoid of any lettering or words. While neither form of tape is an immovable impediment, it does improve the overall safety of the dangerous region.
Common Usage of Flagging Tapes:
- Flagging tape is used by contractors and construction workers to identify sewers and drain lines, gas and oil lines, and electrical activities.
- In forestry, flagging tape is used to identify trees and routes, such as signaling trees to be logged, diseased or hazardous trees, and trail paths.
- Another task that makes use of flagging tape is surveying. Flagging tape is used in surveying applications to mark property borders and features that have been mapped out by the surveyors.
- Safety is one of the mining industry’s main priorities, and flagging tape works wonders in this respect. They are used to mark a variety of places, including reference points and drilling holes thus decreasing the likelihood of an accident caused by a lack of preparation or communication of potential hazards on the job site.
- In the case of an emergency or disaster, flagging tape can be used to identify patient status–critical condition, non-seriously injured, not hurt, or deceased. Flagging tape can also be used to identify potential evacuation routes or potable water sites, both of which are critical in an emergency.
Common Usage of Barrication Tape
- Organizations utilise barrication tape to identify potentially hazardous areas. This includes construction sites, road accident sites, any electrical panel with exposed wires, and any other location that poses a risk to human health and well-being.
- Many businesses, including banks, hospitals, and government agencies, utilise caution tapes or barrication tapes to guarantee the smooth flow of activities. This involves keeping people in line and directing traffic to certain offices.
- Besides aiding in driving traffic, Caution tapes or barrication tapes are also used to limit the flow of traffic. These tapes are used to identify any restricted sites that must not be visited by anyone who is not authorised.
How to Use Flagging and Barrication Tape properly?
- Decide on the type of tape you’ll require. The colour to use is determined by the circumstances. Flagging tape is intended for use in situations where there are no hazards or dangers. Barrication tape is used in areas where there are hazards or dangers.
- Make certain that each entry to the hazard area is correctly identified with barrication tape, and that the identifying label on the tape is plainly visible. When wrapping, make sure the tape is tightly wrapped around the object. For appropriate wrapping, a support beam, a pole, or cones can all be utilised.
- Remove the tape only when the danger has passed.
If you’re searching for barrication tapes or caution tapes, check out our selection. We have the greatest alternatives at a fair price. We do not compromise on product quality, which is why we are the leading supplier and manufacturer of Caution Tapes and barrication tapes in India.